Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Feeling guilty...almost

Who knew having judo as your pe could be so much fun? hahahahaha especially when you've had 3 years of experience prior to it! Had 3 matches today, and another impromptu match with ronald after classes. Made all of them tap out, except ronald. Damn, those jui jitsu guys are good! held my own for a while though, even managed to surprise him (and myself) with an ankle lock (well, i think it was...hahahaha) when he tried to armbar me. anyhoo, i tapped out when he twisted my arm in a move i didn't quite see, but i sure did feel! hahahaha well, before that, i had some matches with guys who were really new to judo, but managed to give me good workout, save one. damn, i keep forgetting their names... one of them actually caught me in a rear naked choke, but i managed to slip out just in time and made him tap to a one of my own as well.. hahahaha my second match went pretty ok too, coz though my opponent lacked technique (like me! hahahaha) he made up for it with brute strength! (like me again! hahahahaha) i scored a tapout from him with an americana, a move that i havve always tried to do. problem was, it was never taught to me properly during high school (or was it because i had a very short attention span? hahahaha) so of course, i was uber psyched to give it a try! and ay mhay gulay! it required so little effort once the hold is locked tight! anyhoo, i had a disappointing match to end the session. the guy lacked the aggresiveness that i was expecting, and i made him tap out twice, again from rear naked chokes. i learned today that i suck at armbars, hahahaha i just cant seem to get one in place... hahaha overall, though, it was a fun day, because almost everyone in the pe class improved greatly, which makes sparring even more enjoyable! hahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home